Senior Scholarship Application
The purpose of the Marriotts Ridge High School Music Foundation Scholarship is to recognize one Senior (or graduating student) from each discipline (choral, band, and orchestra) for their exemplary commitment to the Music Department. This is not a “talent” scholarship, but one that recognizes all levels of skill and awards those who have contributed to the success of the Music Department as a whole.
To be considered for this scholarship, applicants must:
1. Be a senior (or graduating student) student enrolled at Marriotts Ridge High School and in the Music Program during the current Academic School Year.
2. Achieved a cumulative GPA of 4.0 as of March 31st in their Music Classes.
3. Complete all the questions below and write an essay based on the prompt. (You may want to write this in Word and copy into the form below so you don't time-out on this screen and lose your work.)
4. Submit this form no later than the deadline.
Consideration Criteria and Award Use:
1. The MRHS Music Foundation Scholarship Committee will make the selections based upon the quality and content of the student’s written essay.
2. Scholarships may be used for tuition, fees, room and board, or books, at a 2-year or 4-year college, Certified Trade School, or any other Certified Educational/Career Program.
3. Winners will be announced, and scholarships will be presented at one of the Senior/Graduation Awards Ceremonies as per the school’s direction. (Students will be emailed of the decision of their application regardless of the outcome.)
4. Scholarship checks will be payable directly to the student and mailed.
5. Three (3) scholarships, each in the amount of $500 will be awarded – one for each discipline (Band, Chorus, Orchestra).
6. Each applicant must agree that the decision of the Board of Directors/Scholarship Committee is final and not open to appeal.
7. If awarded the scholarship, the student must then provide a copy of the Acceptance Letter from the Educational Institution, Trade School or Certified Educational/Career Program that they will attend. Once this is provided, the check will be written, payable to the student and mailed to the home address provided below.
8. Questions regarding procedure may be directed to the Music Foundation at firstname.lastname@example.org.